Sunday, October 2, 2011

Hitting the ground running...

Just like all of you, our September was busy, busy busy.  It feels like you start with soccer, then go to dance, football, awana, church activities, birthday parties, volunteering at school etc and REPEAT !!  Somehow Alex and I have to fit in work and basketball and running (the last 2 are starting to lead to lots of ice and hot packs as we are getting REALLY old).  The pictures to follow do tell the story of chaos, but also of some amazing memories, proud parent moments and friendships made


The kids were super excited to get to their classrooms and meet up with old friends again




Every year we read the "Kissing Hands" book to get ready to go back to school.  Here they are with their little "kissing hands" reminder so that I can be "with them" all day at school


Of course Quincy had to get in on the first day of school posing



Quincy's first day of dance class...she had been super excited since watching her big sis over the last few years but as it finally got here (and she actually had to go IN to the studio) her braveness waivered.  After a couple weeks of "I will go tomorrow" we have decided to wait until next year.  I guess she will have to spend yet another year of having her main "activity" be riding in the van

Rece and a couple of "kickers" buddies

Jeter's first flag football game...he is playing both FB and soccer this year which is crazy but he is having a blast.
Alli is playing soccer too of course



 We had a great time on our annual September Seattle trip.  The crowd at the Mariner's game was pretty sparse but that was great for us...We were able to get 4 home run balls during batting practice, which is a record for us
We try to do something new whenever we head over to Seattle...this year we went to the museum of flight
I am so blessed to be watching my neice Kendall on Wednesdays...She even helped me clean out the laundry room.  How was all of that in the laundry room??

And I finished out the month with the colbert 1/2 marathon...thanks to my 2 great running partners, or should I say "talking partners", since we pretty much talk our way thru the entire 13 miles :)

SEE YOU ALL IN OCTOBER

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I can't believe a whole month just went by! Love all the sports...maybe one of these days I'll feel on top of my own life enough to watch a game or two. Congrats on the 1/2 you are A.MAZ.ING. Not just for running a lot...but because you are YOU! We are so lucky to have you watching Kendall and to have you in our lives...WE LOVE THE SCHUERMANS!

    ReplyDelete